AIA AIRPOINTS™ Programme
AIA Terms & Conditions
These Airpoints™ terms and conditions set out the terms under which a customer of ours (“you”
or “your”) may earn Airpoints Dollars™ through AIA Services New Zealand Limited (“us”, “we” or
“our”) in accordance with the Airpoints loyalty programme that is offered by Air New Zealand
Limited (Air NZ). You acknowledge that your ability to earn Airpoints Dollars is subject to Air NZ’s
Airpoints terms and conditions.
1. To be eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars™ (an Eligible Customer) you must:
a. be a policy owner of one or more of the “Eligible Products and Benefits” (as defined in
Section 2 below);
b. be a member of Air NZ’s Airpoints programme (which will be subject to Air NZ’s
Airpoints terms and conditions); and
c. register your Airpoints membership number with us.
2. Eligible Customers will be eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars™ in respect of the following
products and benefits issued on any policy or policies where AIA New Zealand Limited
(“AIA”) is the insurer, including any related policy(s) issued by either Sovereign Assurance
Company Limited (“Sovereign”) or AIA International Limited, New Zealand Branch (“AIA
(Policies issued from 5 August 2019, where AIA is the insurer)
a. AIA Living Personal and Business: Life, Critical Conditions, Progressive Care, Total
Permanent Disablement, Income Protection, Loss of Earnings, Family Protection,
Accidental Death, Mortgage and Income Protection, Redundancy, Retirement
Protection, Rural Continuity, Waiver of Premium, Business Continuity, Accidental Injury
(Policies issued from 1 June 2001 to 4 August 2019, where AIA International was
b. REAL Life Cover, REAL Level Life Cover, REAL Accidental Death, REAL Business
Continuation Cover, REAL Income Protection, REAL Farmers Revenue Protection Cover,
REAL Health, REAL Easy Life Cover, REAL Easy Funeral Cover, REAL Level Trauma Cover,
REAL Total Permanent Disability, REAL Level Total Permanent Disability, REAL Business
Life Cover, REAL Business Trauma Cover, REAL Business Total and Permanent Disability,
REAL Vital Income Protection, REAL Mortgage Income and Rent Cover, REAL New to
Business Cover, REAL Trauma Cover, Business Overheads, Cancer Benefit Rider, Cancer
Treatment Benefit, Family Protect Cancer Treatment Benefit, Family Protect Critical
Illness Cover, Family Protect Life Cover, Family Protect Terminal Illness Cover, Income
Protection Redundancy LOE Premier, Income Protection Redundancy - Agreed), Income
Protection Redundancy - Indemnity, Key Person Benefit, Level Cancer Benefit Rider,
Monthly Life Cover, Mortgage Redundancy Cover, Mortgage Repayment Cover, Personal
Accident Benefit, Spouse or Partner Funeral Benefit, Superior Health Cover, Superior -
3 Health Cover, Trauma - Child Top Up.
(Policies issued from 1 February 2001 to 4 August 2019, where Sovereign was the insurer)
c. TotalCare and TotalCareMax Personal and Business (policies issued from 1 February
2001 with Guaranteed Enhancement Benefit): Life, Living Assurance Comprehensive
and Essential, Progressive Care, Total Permanent Disablement, Disability Income
Protection, Loss of Earnings, Essential Disability Income Protection, Family Protection,
Accidental Death, Mortgage and Income Protection, Redundancy, Locum Cover,
Retirement Protection, Business Overheads, Rural Continuity, Waiver of Premium,
Business Continuity, Specialist and Diagnostic Testing, Accidental Injury Cover.
d. Start-Up Income Protection
e. Private Health
f. Private Health Plus
g. Absolute Health
h. MajorCare Health
i. Key Health
Products underwritten by AIA and distributed by ASB Bank, IAG New Zealand or any other distribution
partner, are not included.
Registering your Airpoints number
3. Eligible Customers can register an Airpoints number with us by:
a. including it on the application form when you apply for one or more of our Eligible
Products and Benefits;
b. calling our call centre on 0800 500 108;
c. providing it to your insurance adviser to register with us on your behalf; or
d. via any other means we make available for this purpose.
4. The Airpoints number that is provided to us under Section 3 will be registered to the policy
number applicable to either:
a. the Eligible Product and Benefit which you are applying under Section 3(a), once we
have accepted your application; or
b. the Eligible Product and Benefit or Eligible Products and Benefits that you have
informed us of via the means set out in Sections 3(b) to 3(d).
5. We will only accept one Airpoints number for each policy number relating to an Eligible
Product and Benefit. If there is more than one policy owner in relation to an Eligible
Product and Benefit the policy owners must nominate one Airpoints number to earn
Airpoints Dollars through that Eligible Product and Benefit.
6. You can request to change the Airpoints number registered to an applicable policy number
at any time.
7. It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate details of the Airpoints account and to
let us know of any changes to the Airpoints account name or number.
8. We will not be liable for any loss, including any loss of benefits, resulting from the
Airpoints account details being out of date, inaccurate or otherwise.
Earning Airpoints Dollars
9. All new applications by Eligible Customers for Eligible Products and Benefits that are
accepted by us will qualify to earn Airpoints Dollars subject to these terms and conditions.
10. If you are an Eligible Customer and you already have one of our Eligible Products and
Benefits then, subject to these terms and conditions, you will be able to accrue Airpoints
Dollars for each Eligible Product and Benefit from the date that you pay your next
premium for that Eligible Product and Benefit.
11. Subject to these terms and conditions, Eligible Customers will earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for
every $100 of premium actually paid to us in respect of an Eligible Product and Benefit,
which will accrue to the Airpoints account registered with us in accordance with Section
12. We may change the earn rate for Airpoints Dollars at any time.
13. This offer is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
14. Eligible Customers may also be eligible to earn additional Airpoints Dollars through
special offers or promotions that we notify you of from time to time, subject to both these
terms and conditions and any additional offer or promotion terms.
15. Airpoints Dollars will not accrue for premium payments received prior to the launch
date (as determined by us), or in relation to premium payments received prior to Eligible
Customers registering an Airpoints number with us.
16. Air NZ will use reasonable endeavours to credit Airpoints Dollars to the relevant Airpoints
account notified to us in accordance with these terms and conditions within 30 days of the
premium being paid on an Eligible Product and Benefit.
Deduction of Airpoints Dollars
17. If for any reason, the payment that earned you Airpoints Dollars is refunded or
dishonoured, or you cancel the Eligible Product and Benefit that you took out with us, we
reserve the right to deduct those Airpoints Dollars from the Airpoints account linked to
the policy number for that Eligible Product and Benefit.
18. Personal information disclosed to AIA in relation to the Airpoints programme will be
collected, used, stored and disclosed in accordance with AIA’s Privacy Statement: see
19. In addition, by registering an Airpoints number with us, you acknowledge and agree
that personal information about you, together with other data relating to transactions
that earn you Airpoints Dollars, may be collected, used, stored and disclosed by us, our
contractors, Air NZ and/or its Airpoints partners for the following purposes:
a. to administer the Airpoints programme, including:
• communicating with you about the Airpoints programme;
• undertaking data matching activities;
• providing such information and data to Air NZ and its Airpoints partners (including
for the redemption of rewards);
b. to enable marketing activities, including the planning, research, promotion and
marketing of goods, services and products, to you by us, Air NZ or its Airpoints
c. to conduct analyses relating to the Airpoints programme; and
d. to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government
or regulatory authorities and to meet requirements imposed by applicable laws and
e. or other obligations committed to government or regulatory authorities.
20. You have the right to access and request correction of information held by us about you.
To contact us for this purpose, please refer to our Privacy Statement.
21. We may stop awarding Airpoints Dollars to you at any time at our absolute discretion,
a. we cease to be a partner in Air NZ’s Airpoints programme; or
b. you are no longer eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars through us.
22. We are not responsible, and accept no liability, for any act or omission of Air NZ or its
Airpoints partners in respect of the Airpoints programme.
23. We may change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice by publishing
an amendment to these terms and conditions on our website, with such amendment to be
effective from the date of publication.